Thursday, September 9, 2010

Christmas Is NOT The "N Word", So Stop Treating It That Way

Yes, I know it's September.
Yes, I AM aware that I'm the guy who says all religions are crazy.
Yes, I know this drum has been beaten to death now.
But will you just bare with me for a minute, this is gonna be short, I swear.

Today, my children have off from school for Rosh Hashanah, which in case you live in a world of pork rinds and Jerry Springer, is a Jewish holiday. In brief, Rosh Hashanah is a time when Jews spend time reflecting on their relationship with God and creation.

Yes, the same God that you may NOT mention during the Pledge Of Allegiance.
What?
Well, I don't know why you can have a day off from school to reflect on him, but you can't say his name....that's what I'm trying to figure out here, along with you.

Many years ago, I remember noticing that the Christmas Concert at the schools, were now called the Holiday Concert, or the Winter Concert. Songs were carefully chosen to reflect aspects of the individual culture's holidays, but to not directly say any of them by name.
I find that fucking ridiculous.
But I also say "fucking", and that would make the people who get upset when they hear "Merry Christmas", go into catatonic shock.

While we're on that....is there ANYONE out there who seriously gets upset when they hear the word Christmas?? I mean, are you telling me that there are people who are truly rocked to their foundation by the acknowledgement of the birth of Christ? Which, by the way, in America, really only means presents and Gingerbread Lattes from Starbucks, these days.
Mmmmm Gingerbread Lattes!!! Triple shot, of course!

Anyway, if you are out there....please send me an email explaining IN DETAIL, exactly why you're such a bitchsissy, at anuddercast@gmail.com.
I look forward to making you cry, and increasing your therapist's workload.
Seriously.
I don't like people like you.
You're all whiny and Nazi like at the same time.
I'll bet you always used to tell the teacher on everybody too, didn't you?

Point is, this goes back to the whole Burlington Coat Mosque thing, it's groups of people trying to control another group's right to believe and express joy about whatever religion they choose, in a Country founded on a belief of not persecuting anyone based on their religion.
See how even handed I am?

So I say this, it's time for all parent's in these school systems to DEMAND the end to this politically correct bullshit. If our children can have off for a religious holiday that is designed to reflect on one's relationship with God, then it can again at least openly speak the name of the day marking the birth of his son.
It's not some dark day of shame that needs to be hidden away.
It's not a member of the Klan.

Christmas is NOT the "N Word"!!
Yamsayin? You feel me, my Christma's?

No comments: