Sunday, March 1, 2009

"To Protect And Serve" Part Deux

After I wrote the entry about the blog's 1st Birthday, I went back of some of the early pieces I wrote here, and I came across my entry "To Protect And Serve" regarding Baltimore's outstanding Inner Harbor police officer Salvatore Rivieri. It's weird reading things that I wrote back then, because it's been so long, that going over them again now is almost like reading something that someone else wrote. I wonder if that's what it's like for girls who kept journals back in the day, when they read them now?

"Dear Diary....tonight was AMAZING! We were all totally parked at Charcoal Pit and JAMMING Rio from Duran Duran and I was looking um, excuse me...AWESOME! THEN, Bobby and his friends stopped in, and he was like "Sup?" and I was like "Sup!, and then he said "Duran Duran are fags!" OH...MY...GOD I hope he breaks up with Stacy!!!!"

Oh don't even act like that isn't the dopey ass shit you broads used to write!
And if you're a guy that kept a "diary" back then...well let's just say that something tells me your entries were about Bobby too.

Funny thing is, I really don't remember constructing the entries from the early days of this place...but in this particular case, I certainly remember my sentiment behind it.

One thing that I find more reprehensible than anything else, is not so much the way that some police officers abuse their power, but the way that all the others around them will lie and cover up for them. Well, this time the perpetrating officer was placed on "administrative leave" for what you are about to witness.



Now, I know how annoying teenage girls can be with their attitudes and mouthiness.
But was THAT really necessary because she kicked off her shoe?
And here's the thing...the other cop doesn't try to stop him at all, AND, YOU KNOW if the camera didn't catch all of that, she would have had a "trip and fall" on the "official" record.

THIS again, is the problem with Police Departments across this Country.
That for every good cop, there are bad ones...but if the "good ones" speak out against them, or interject to inappropriate behavior, they are now outcasts amongst ALL of the other officers.

Deputy Paul Schene, the individual in the video above beating that girl like she owed him money, should NOT be on "administrative leave" he should be fired, and HE should be the outcast amongst the Department. But don't be surprised if he remains employed after all is said and done. After all...this incident occured November 29, 2008, and it took them until just a couple weeks ago to actually get a charge on Mr. Schene...WITH a video of the incident.

You go videotape yourself giving a 15 year old girl that kind of a beatdown, gentlemen...and see how fast you are in handcuffs.

No comments: