Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Be's Gittin' Edumacated!

Yeah...so I went and took a placement test today to return to school and do something better with myself.
There I was in a room with about ten other people...most of whom looked like they JUST got out of High School. However, I wasn't the oldest cat in the room, so that helped my depleted sense of self worth!

You know, the worst part of the whole thing for me was the math portion of the test.
I haven't worked out shit like fractions in 20 years...Numerator? Denominator? Who remembers that shit?
And here's the hook of it all....remember back in school, they would tell you that you NEED to know this shit for when you get out in to the "real world"?
Well, I've spent the last 20 years in the real world, and I have YET to have a run in with one of these types of math problems.

FURTHERMORE, I'd like to introduce a thought here....
Who the hell DOESN'T have a calculator on them at all times now?
It's called a cell phone...every single cell phone has a calculator on it.

What's my point here?
Math is a douche.

I think you probably figured by now that I'll be taking a refresher math course when classes begin.

Some day soon, I'll expand on how the entire school system requires a full technological overhaul, and what my ideas are.
But now, I have to go study me some 'rithmatic.

No comments: