Friday, August 8, 2008

Armin Heinrich Is A Genius

Every once in a while something happens that completely exposes people for being absolute morons. Well, we've have just experienced one of those moments.

Armin Heinrich of Germany created an application for the iPhone that does absolutely NOTHING. He titled the application "I Am Rich", and priced it at $999.99 on the Apple iPhone webstore.
For your basically $1,000, you were going to have the red light icon pictured above on your iPhone which would let everyone who's anyone KNOW that you are able to just drop 1K on NOTHING. You simply roll THAT top shelf.
OR, you would be letting people like me know that you're a complete asshammer.
You pick.

Sadly, after only eight purchases of the "I Am Rich" iPhone app....Apple has killed it.
Why, I have no idea.
I love it when there something that let's me be able to identify a jackass without ever having to interact with them first.

For instance, when I see a woman with a small lap dog that she's carrying like a purse, ala Paris Hilton...I know she's a jackass.
When I see a white guy with a gold tooth smile, a white wife beater and a fade...I know he's a jackass.
And now, when I would have seen a guy with the red light icon on his iPhone that he would no doubt make sure I, and everyone else at the location, knew he had....I would have known.
But Apple has robbed me, and YOU, of that forewarning now.

Bastards.

UPDATE: An asshat apparently wasn't satisfied with just being able to make you notice he had it at the bar....he made a YouTube video so you could see how much bling he has when he dials.
Bow to his majesty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the funnies, Joe. I gotta tell you though, the navigation and layout of this site is terrible. I doubt I'll come back because of it. Check out wordpress or ning for an easy fix.

Ro said...

You can still tell who the red-light jackasses are, Joe. They drive their Hummers to the grocery store. The ones who don't own hummers have McCain bumperstickers.

You're welcome.