Monday, August 4, 2008

PODCASTS: Uhh Yeah Dude


It's new feature time again, isn't that exciting?
From time to time, I'll be giving you suggestions for a podcast or webcast...is webcast the "cool" name for it is these days? God knows I don't want to offend the internet savvy or I'll be "pwn3d". Shit, now I probably just offended the religious by evoking God's name in to my inane ramblings, huh?

For my first recommendation, I'll introduce to you the podcast that I listen to the most..."Uhh Yeah Dude". The show features Seth Romatelli and Jonathan Larroquette who provided you with a "Weekly round-up of America through the eyes of two American Americans."
See, doesn't that sound right up your alley?

Seth and Jonathan give their take on the news events of the past week, which if your brain is turned on, will mostly likely sound a lot like your inner dialogue after you hear these kinds of "newsbites" too. The only difference is, their comments are probably a lot funnier than yours, because I've never found you to be particularly funny. In fact, you really need to stop quoting Caddyshack and Animal House....everyone else has been saying that behind your back, but I thought I'd be a friend and just lay it out to you here.
I mean, it's 2000F'N8...other comedies HAVE been made since then.

Where were we before you got me sidetracked with your outdated sense of comedy? Oh yeah...UYD....
One of the things that I find hilarious most of all is the "Craigslist" sections of the show.
I don't know if the shear aburdity of a man placing an ad looking for other men that start off with "I hate my wife....she doesn't even have a dick!", or Seth's delivery of said introduction...but it's fucking hilarious to listen to.
Let me give you a taste of the "Craiglist" material...oh and it contains EXPLICIT LANGUAGE, so don't listen to it where it will be a problem:


See, funny as shit right?

And yes, Jonathan is the son of the badass John "Dan from Night Court" Larroquette...who's finest hour for me was his performance in "Blind Date" with Bruce Willis and Kim Bassinger. His manical delivery of "You're drilling her, aren't you?!?!?" is funnier than a fucker trying to kill a gopher puppet any day.

So get over the iTunes and download the "Uhh Yeah Dude" podcast.
Maybe you'll even develop a better sense of humor about things, Elwood.

Uhh Yeah Dude on Myspace