Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Twilight Sucks Again

I have been telling people for a while now that I don't understand the appeal of the "Twilight" series of books from Stephenie Meyer. Now as I've said in one of those 25 things or one of the other goofy ass notes that get passed around on Facebook, I don't read books, but I listen to audiobooks, and when all the hype was building with statements like "this series is the new Harry Potter", I started to listen to Twilight. Just hearing how it was being read made me realize that it HAD to be awfully written.
Well now, Stephen King was asked about what he thought of the two series....and he agrees with me.

"According to Stephen King, "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

Ok, maybe he didn't technically agree with ME....maybe he just has a similar opinion to mine, but I have an ego problem, so let's fix his statement the way I see it....

"According to Stephen King, "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer, as Joe, the master of all that is awesome and brilliant, said, can't write worth a darn. She's not very good. I wish I could hang out with Joe and invite him to Hollywood parties but he won't return my calls, because he's busy being awesome all the time."

See how much more poignant his statement becomes when you read it through my eyes?

Oh, and if you think me LISTENING to Twilight is creepy...you should have seen me in the theater!
"Hey girls, do you go to High School?....is this seat taken?"
Um, ignore that last part.

No comments: