Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Definition of "Fun"... Post Video, Watch Fireworks!

I fucking LOVE IT when people fight over my youtube videos. Check out the Meat Puppets versus Nirvana discussion going on right now. Feel free to pick a side and fight vehemently to support your team.



Personally, I like both versions of "Lake of Fire". But when it comes down to it, if you recall from the "Nirvana: Unplugged!" DVD, Cris Kirkwood borrowed Krist Novoselic's bass to deliver the bassline for Nirvana's version of the song. Curt Kirkwood replaced Pat Smear and Kurt Cobain on guitar. That left Dave Grohl on drums and Kurt Cobain on vocals. My point is this... based on a technicality, I think that both versions of the song were Meat Puppets' versions. I dunno though... keep debating I LOVE IT!!!

For the record, Nirvana did three Meat Puppets' songs that night... "Lake of Fire", "Oh Me", and "Plateau". RIP Kurt.... such a talented musician. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meat Puppets blow!

:) can you get me some sweet seats cowboys tickets?

Ro said...

Sorry Bugz I can'd deal with you if you dislike the Meat Puppets!

Are you coming to Dallas to see the Cowboys? We'll have to hang out!