Wednesday, April 30, 2008

American Idol Thoughts

Just don't even start.

So I'm watching this last night, and I realize why only David Cook can win.
The rest of the contestants sing in a polite Kathy Lee Gifford way.
You know what I mean? It's that proper pronunciation of a word... that perfect form shit that's just nauseating.
In the words of Ike Turner they need to put some "stank on it", and none of them except for Cook, do.

David Archuleta sings like Josh Grobin, and personally, I don't know why Josh Grobin sings like Josh Grobin. I mean I understand that he has enough money to buy me 50 times over...but what would possess a young guy to want to BE Josh Grobin?
When you're young...and you're seeing all kinds of badass metal bands, or even boy band singers...what exactly makes you want to go the route of a guy who's going to be thrilling Grannies across the nation?

The other night, after eating at a local sushi joint, my girlfriend and I were riding back to her house and on the radio station she had on in her car was this show "Delilah"...it's this woman who people call in to with belly aching stories, and then she plays a song for them that she thinks fits their situation. So this woman called in crying about how she ruined her whole life trying to help someone else with a drug addiction, which I translated as:

"
I was popping Percocets like Tic Tacs, Delilah...next thing I knew I was "earning rent" next to the dumpster behind my apartment that I was about to be evicted from, and now I'm calling you to play a magical song that will make it all better."

So Delilah played "Don't Give Up" from Josh Grobin for her, and this is where I realized, once again, that I'm wired backwards from other people. I actually felt depressed listening to a song that's meant to be inspirational. It was seriously bumming me out and making me forget how great the sushi just was at Kyoto in the Pike Creek Shopping Center in Newark, DE. If you ever go there...you have to have the Dragon Roll...it's sick!
Oh, and by the way, how badass is Sapporo beer? I don't really drink beer, but I dig that shit out of that and Stella Artois. I thought you might want to know that.

Anyway yeah....David Cook.

1 comment:

Ro said...

David Cook has a giant head like a mongoloid and he swoops his hair to cover his bald area.