Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Manson Releases "One Mind" From Prison


Move over Brittany, 50 and Amy Winehouse….this guy originated shaving your head to show how crazy you are, his image is synonymous with evil so being “gangsta” don’t mean shit, and you can’t do enough drugs to outshine this fucker’s craziness…he’s Charlie Manson, and he’s just dropped an album!

That’s right; Charles Manson is now officially a recording artist. Using a Creative Commons license he has released “One Mind” from his jail cell. Huh? Of course I’ve listened to it, my morbid curiosity made me. It’s not really my thing….in fact, I don’t know if you can actually call this an “album” by standards that we’re used to….it’s more like something that a teenager might make in his bedroom back in the 70’s by simply pushing record on a cassette recorder and strumming away on an acoustic guitar…and then other tracks are simply Manson reading poetry he’s written. But I suppose it’s the best you can do when you’re locked up for your role in the most infamous murders in American history.

All of this has had me thinking a lot about this crime and what it's meant to our society as a whole. I've been thinking about the role the media has played in this, and the public perception as a result.

I can't help but feel that this event was the catalyst to a lot of what's wrong in this country as far as the media and the system, or at the very least, helped to illuminate it. In a lot of ways, I find it all very confusing...my thoughts are the matter are often contradictory. I suppose however, that I'm not alone. After all, there's a reason why people still discuss this case until this day.

I think I'll get more in to this here soon...but for now, I'll just leave it as a simple news item.

Here's the link to the album if you're so inclined:

One Mind - Charles Manson

1 comment:

Bryan said...

By the way, I'm so happy that picture of Amy Winehouse is being burried by these posts. That photo haunts my dreams.