Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When iPod's Shuffle Attacks!


Ok, look...before we've even get started, I have a LOT of shit on my iPod.
I have things that I actually have no interest in, because I have the Billboard Top 100 of every year from 1974-1990...SO, I think you can understand that there's gonna be songs included in that, that I don't particularly care for.
Saavy?

SO, I'm at work today, and I decided to put the ole' iPod on shuffle. Figured I'd mix it up a bit instead of my usual rotation of Killswitch Engage, George Michael, Killswitch Engage, George Michael.
I mean, I know that SOUNDS like all levels of awesome at first, but after a while it becomes monotonous.

So I'm rolling along, and soon I hit "Der Kommissar", and was thinking "Ok...this is pretty badass!"...then, it gave me "Aggression" from Sevendust. Alright, we're on a roll here!
THEN, I got Scott Weiland covering David Bowie's "Fame"...if you haven't heard it, check it out....VERY good cover!
But alas, how does the old saying go..."To All Good Things...There Is An End"?

As if the hand of God came down from the heavens to smite me....."Afternoon Delight" from the Starland Vocal Band.
This is truly the most godawful pile of shit I have ever known in my life.

Enjoy for your self....


Seriously, I can't even begin to explain to you how much I hate this song.
You know what...yes I can.

This song, is so soulless...so without ANYTHING musically redeeming, that I hereby dub it "The Theme Music Of White People".
In mean, how the FUCK did America accept this shit? And I KNOW it was only White America, because there is NO WAY IN HELL that any black cats were gettin' down to this shit while Earth Wind And Fire was layin' shit down at the same time!

I can't imagine how all the other races didn't band together when that became a hit song and said "Oh...fuck this shit right here...these motherfuckers gotta go!"
A genocide was in order, people! You know it's true!
That's right, I said it...THAT is how bad that song is!

And you know what, I not only would have supported the genocide, I would have been one of those turncoat bastards like they had in the Warsaw ghetto, that were Jewish, but would snitch on other Jews to the Nazis.
I would be rattin' out EVERYTHING for shit as simple as an extra dinner roll, because I HATE my people so much for making that song a hit!
I'd be all whispering shit like "Nah...see that one over there...the one with the cardigan? Yeah, I saw him trying to dance...couldn't have been more than 15 minutes ago."

I won't be hitting shuffle again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Wes said...

It's a 70's thing. You would have had to been there at the time...

Joe said...

I WAS there...I was just...well, 6 at the time.
Admit that you had a 45 of Debbie Boone's "You Light Up My Life" too!!!
Admit it right now!

Wes said...

How did you know?! I think I had a 45 of her dad's "Love letters in the sand" also....