Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Following Up on the Theme of the Week, I guess



I guess I'm just following up on on the theme here -- about Jetson type technology here and now. Yeah, I know, there's still no flying cars or hover boards, but fuck all that noise anyway. First off, Rosie was more of a pain in the ass than a help anyway and Marty McFly's inflatable jacket was all dicked up the whole movie.

But in the here and now the Sixth Sense is friggen amazing -- I mean jaw-dropping amazing. I couldn't embed this video, so check out this link from TED. TED Talks Video The first 5 or 6 minutes are cool enough, shows you some if this maniac's crazy ideas. But around the 6 minute mark, as he starts to show off the Sixth Sense and some of the crazy shit it can do, it just blew me away. I love the part where he says, 'maybe you don't want to take your camera out of your pocket' and 'maybe you don't want to look it up on your iPhone' -- as if these two tasks are too difficult. Either way, with this gadget going, I don't see any reason to own a camera or an iPhone for that matter. Check out the floor pong on the subway -- just amazing.

Also, here's his website. Pranavmistry.com

No comments: