Friday, November 13, 2009

Hey Hollywood...Stupid Much?

I've been going to the movies a lot lately, and as a result, I see the same trailers over and over again. But there's one that REALLY irritates the shit out of me.
Please watch the following trailer for the film "Brothers"....



Now, why exactly do I need to see this film?
I mean, is it me...or did I just see the entire film in the trailer?
How fucking dumb are these people in Hollywood?
In 1999, there was an Ashley Judd film called Double Jeopardy that did the exact same thing, BUT, it was even worse than this, because it gave away several crucial plot twists....in fact, ALL the crucial plot twists that were contained in the movie.
SO, you ended up just watching an extended version of the trailer, because you knew EVERYTHING that was going to happen.

Here's how I would have done the "Brothers" trailer....
You would have seen the plot point of Portman finding out that her husband had died during active duty in Iraq.
You then would have seen Jake Gyllenhaal stepping up to the plate with his brother's family, and the subsequent romance that blooms between him and Portman.

And that's it.

That carries enough human emotion in and of itself, that it would resonate with a lot of people, and it would put asses in seats.
THEN....THEN, people, you would get the plot twist of Tobey Maguire not really being dead, and the complete breakdown that ensues afterward.
PAYDIRT!

I hope this film fails JUST BECAUSE of this idiotic trailer.
I hope it gets critical praise, but people just think...."Eh...I don't feel I need to see it based on the trailer".

Doucherockets.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

That Jake Gyllenhaal (or however you spell his name) seems to be always banging the wrong chick, or dude. He needs to get his maniac cock in check.

Bryan said...

Also, I can't put my finger on it, but I know I've seen this movie before...where the dead husband or dead wife comes back only to find his/her spouse banging someone else. Maybe it was just General Hospital or something, but the plot sounds really familiar to me.