Thursday, November 5, 2009

Please Stop It, People!



This was Bill Cosby from last night's David Letterman...
(Just watch the stand-up part...screw the sit down with Dave.)



Ok...now let's be honest...there was nothing really funny happening there at all.
YET, everyone laughs like hyenas.
Why?
Because he's Bill Cosby.
That's all....that's it.

And I know, I know, he's earned his place. I will be the first to tell you of my love of his performance of "Wardell" in "Uptown Saturday Night", and "Fat Albert" was a staple of my childhood, but this was just painfully unfunny...yet everyone laughs.
You know what it reminds me of?
Robin Williams.

That motherfucker was NEVER funny, and do you know why?
Because no one ever knew what the fuck he was saying!!!
I have people say to me, "Oh, you know who's a great comedian? ROBIN WILLIAMS!"
To which I will say "Really, what's your favorite bit of his?"
Then they look at you like a deer in the headlights.....and say, "Oh come on, he was awesome in Mork & Mindy!"

Really?
Was he?
Oh that's right, he had that HILARIOUS "Na-NOO Na-NOO" and "SHAZBOT!"
I TOTALLY forgot about that!
YOU GOT ME THERE!!!

And finally....Margaret Cho.
So, I'm listening to the Greg Fitzsimmons Podcast, and he has Margaret Cho on.
What do they talk about the entire time?
Her new love of anal sex. She goes into detail about how she walks around with a butt plug all day, and the enemas she gives herself, and how she has an open marriage, and that several men a week are having at her ass now, because she's "retired" her vagina.

Now, maybe it's just me, but can we get passed this whole "I'm so open with my sexuality" thing?
It's not shocking anymore.
It's not interesting anymore.
It's not the 80's anymore, and you aren't breaking new ground in the entertainment industry.

It's fucking played bullshit.

You know who gets turned on by talk like that?
Dude's who aren't having ANY kind of a sex life.
So, if that applies to you...sorry.
Unless you're in my place, and we're about to get down...I don't give a fuck about your sexual laundry list of "Do's & Don'ts".

Cho went on to explain that the entertainment industry never gave her the proper shot she deserved because she's Asian.
No...maybe they just realized that you pretending to be your broken English speaking, Korean mother, yelling at yourself runs out of gas after awhile.
And something tells me you realized that too, since you've now resorted to talking about you getting plowed in the ass, in the hopes of being interesting and provocative.

No, you know what...Margaret wasn't last.
This is Sharon Osbourne trashing Susan Boyle's looks on the Opie And Anthony Show.



And this is Sharon Osbourne before she funneled Ozzy money into plastic surgery...


Hypocrite much?

3 comments:

Bryan said...

I hate to see you bag on Cosby, because he's one of the great ones...One of the godfathers of comedy, along with Prior and Carlin. Cosby is just old, give the bastard a break. He's like your grandfather telling you old stories of the big one, double-u-double-you-two, and telling you the story all wrong and different than he told it to you ten years ago. He's just re-telling the "dad is great, gives us the chocolate cake" bit, only in a less funny way. And Robin Williams? Agreed--I never found him funny. He does have some good ideas, but needs some downs before he goes out on stage. And while you're bashing comics, and Sharon Osborne, why leave out Dane Cook? Uhm...He's another one that I just never got.

Bryan said...

Oh, and by the way, I could barely hear anything that Osborne said over Anthony's fake laugh and holy jeezes. And they make fun of morning zoo radio?!

Joe said...

Yeah, but like I said on Facebook...showbiz is the only business I can think of, where being great ONCE gives you a lifetime pass.

And I absolutely should have added Dane Cook because he is unbelievably not funny.

As for O&A...yeah, terrible.
Have they SERIOUSLY never heard someone be called a "smacked ass" before? They laughed like it was brand new funny. And did you see Opie's hair?