Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm just gonna leave you with my personal favorite speech.
Many others today, will reflect on the "I Have A Dream" speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, but that's not MY favorite, and this place belongs to me.

This speech is the last one he did before he was assassinated. Why I find it so amazing, is the sense of finality that he conveys through his words. It's as if he somehow knows that his time is short, and that he accepts it, but wants everyone to know that great strides had been made, and that more obstacles lie ahead....but that everyone needed to remember that it CAN be done.

I still hear a lot of people, white specifically, make off handed comments about this day not being a "real holiday"...but I see things this way.....
When it's all said and done, and the final chapter on the human race is written, Martin Luther King Jr., will have been a pivotal figure in the advancement of our race.
He will be remembered for....all....time.

No one will remember you telling your "What do you call a black doctor?" joke.
Get it?

1 comment:

Pat Robertson said...

King had a pact with the devil!