Sunday, January 10, 2010

The People's Choice Awards (Or) America Should Be Killed.

You know what?
Enough already, America.

So I'm talking to a friend the other day, and he asks "Did you watch The People's Choice Awards?"
I say "Why no, dude....I did not."
He says "Yeah, I'm done with them, in fact, I'm done with America."
I ask "Why are you done with America, dude?"
He responds "The "people" decided that "The Proposal" was "Comedy Of The Year" over "The Hangover"."

Ok, PAUSE!

Are you people full blown fucking morons at this point?

Look, I can take your little Twilight bullshit...I can! I don't agree with it, but I get that women of all ages, and men of all...well....other men, get all giddy like a schoolgirl with a crush, whenever Edward tells Bella that he wants to die...um...again, if he can't be with her.
I get it.

And I get your shitty taste in music too. I get that you like shit like Lady Gaga because you have no ability to see beyond the moment. You get all caught up in shit like a fuckin' dunderhead. In fact, I'll bet some of you reading this have even said to a fellow girlfriend "He can't read MY Poker Face", to which the other responded "ROFLMAOPQRST!!! You GO girl!!!"
And I get that you like to dance to shit, ergo, "Boom Boom Pow" makes sense in your world.
Having it on your iPod somehow isn't embarrassing for you.

Let me break this down....."The Hangover", was hands down, the most hysterical comedy to come along in YEARS.
I'm gonna be SO arrogant about this, that I'm gonna state that as a fact even though I have no data to support it.
BUT, I will challenge you to name something else that was even close in a laugh per minute ratio.
And it CERTAINLY wasn't "The FUCKING Proposal"!!!!

Hmm...."The Fucking Proposal"....I wonder if I can get that greenlit?

Quite frankly, "The Proposal" was your average romantic comedy...nothing really even standout about it.
Here's the formula:
Guy works for woman.
Woman is a bitch.
Woman needs guy to pretend they're engaged.
Guy and woman start to REALLY fall for each other.
They end up in love.

DUH! Never seen THAT before, right?

"The Hangover" on the other hand, was edgy, filled with brilliant characters, and a fairly original plot.
Zack Galifanakis alone was funnier than the entire cast of "The Proposal".

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?
We truly live in a Jerry Springer nation now.
You do realize that, right?

Let me close by breaking it down to you like this....
"The Proposal" is a movie you take a date to, and you expect her to like it.
"The Hangover" is a movie you take a date to, and if she DOESN'T LOVE it, you know she's not the one for you.

1 comment:

InsanityDueToStupidity said...

Oh my God....I was very pissed when they announced that and of course my wife had to inform me that "people voted for it." I then wondered if only people in group homes and women voted. The proposal over the Hangover? What next? Are we going to vote the Jonas Brothers as the best rock band ever? Disgusted!