Saturday, November 1, 2008

Charm City Is My Bitch!

That's right....I totally OWN Duff Goldman!!

I know what you're thinking..."Joe, how do you deliver such mastery with your very first cake? Your rendition of Perry The Platypus is second to none."

What can I say really? It's just something that comes very natural to me.

Um...ok...enough bullshit.
My daughter loves Disney's "Phineas & Ferb"...more specifically, the character from the show "Perry The Platypus". So being that her birthday was today, I asked her last week what kind of cake she wanted. She responded as you can already imagine.

Now, I watch WAY too much Food Network, and as a result, I end up thinking that I understand how to do things that I CLEARLY am out of my league about....AND the ONLY reason that I didn't actually try to use fondant here was because the woman at the cake supply shop told me that it was a lot of extra work and money that was generally lost on children.
SO, I decided to just go with basic stuff.

I explained to my daughter before presenting the cake that Perry had been in an accident and had suffered head trauma, AND that even though he may look and act a little differently than she remembered, he was still the same Perry, with the same feelings as you and me.
She responded with "So...you REALLY messed this up, huh?"

In closing, rest easy Duff.....for now.

6 comments:

Ro said...

Why is the platypus holding a giant carrot?

Joe said...

That's his tail. :(

Ro said...

The platypus looks like Marty Feldman.

Joe said...

You're just upset because Duff Goldman looks like your brother.

Scott said...

I demand more pics of the cake to showcase the horribleness your daughter had to survive!

bigfoot's mom said...

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20081112/LIFE/811120302