Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ralph Nader Is A Doucherocket

Last night while watching the outcome of the Election, I fell asleep.
Screw you, I was tired...I've been KILLING myself recently...with not only my job, but my new career in cake design.

ANYWAY, I woke up around 12:45 am or so and my local Fox affiliate was running a live interview of Ralph Nader conducted by Shepard Smith which I caught already in progress. Smith asked Nader something to the effect of "what obstacles does Obama face now?".
Nader came back with "We have to see if he can deliver on the promises he's made, or if he's going to be an Uncle Tom."

AWESOME, right?

SO, a shocked and horrified looking Smith says "You said Uncle Tom on the evening that America has just elected it's first Black President?"
Nader, realizing what he had just done, immediately begins trying to accuse Smith of "bullying him" and telling him that they can just cut to black now, because he wasn't going to take this from him.

Smith went on to try to explain that he wasn't trying to bully him, but more that he just couldn't believe that Nader would use such and ugly terminology ESPECIALLY on this particular night.
He then offered Nader an out by saying "In retrospect, do you wish you maybe had used a different description or set of words?"
Nader looks directly into the camera and says as deliberately as one can "NO...I...DO...NOT!"

I tried to find video of it for you, but my Web-Fu seems to have failed me.

UPDATE: Found the video...my memory was a bit off, but it's basically close to what I said.

2 comments:

Ro said...

Since when did Shepard Smith grow some balls? First he confronts Joe the Plumber, now Nader?

Ron said...

I still hate Nader for dissing the corvair.